5 Steps To Create Value For Your Used Car And Make It Sound.
Every car owner loves safety and the best way to drive save is to keep your car in a good and save condition. These can be archive if every car owner develops the habit of checking their cars daily to keep it in a good condition and safe for driving. Before leaving home with your car, the first thing you will want to do after clearing the car is to check and make sure the vehicle is safe for movement.
Most of the accidents on our high ways are caused by faulty cars, but neglected by the car owners.
When fault are discovered in the vehicle, the first thing you want to do when you get to your destination is to get a mechanic to fix it up.
If you noticed any niggling noises or anything out of the normal in your car when driving, just stop over and check
it out, even if it will cost you time.
Most of the things you will need to check in your car
1. The Car Engines Oil The oil in the car engine is the life power of any car engine and is one aspect you will not want to neglect in the morning when checking the car.
You will need to check the oil in the vehicles engine to make sure is in order.
2. Water Radiator The engines needs water to support its cooling systems, this is another aspect you will not want to forget in the morning.
Before leaving home in the morning, you should always remember to check the water radiator of your car.
3. The Brake Systems and brake fluid The braking systems should be another aspect you should not neglect
If you notice squealing or unusual noises when you brake or if the car pulls slightly to one side, there is a good chance that you will need to replace your break pads.
The brake pads should be evenly worn, it is very easy to know if they need changing, most break pads will have lines running through them, once they have worn down to a certain line, change them. A lot of cars will display a warning light on the dashboard that will also indicate time for a change and lastly, if you notice sparks coming from your wheels when you brake and the car does not actually stop that is also a pretty good indicator that the car brake pad need changing.
The brake disks will also need checking, they should be evenly worn and should look almost polished, if there are any marks or uneven wearing, replace them.
4. Tires If you have checked the brakes, it is only logical to make sure your tires are in perfect condition too, this is basic car maintenance and should be checked regularly as you can not only be pulled over by the police for unsafe tires, you can be fined and be issued penalty points on your licence too. Your handbook will advice you of the correct tire pressure, Remember to bear in mind that over inflated tires will not have as much grip on the road and under inflated tires will consume more fuel. If you notice any cracks or splits in your tires, you need to replace them.
5. Lights Lastly, give the lights a quick check; it is an offence to drive knowing you have faulty lights.
Quickly check the brake lights, indicators and headlights, remember you are not just checking the bulbs alone, you need to make sure none of the plastic casing is cracked and they are all clear as these can reduce accident on the way.
184 total views, 1 today